Wednesday, 14 March 2007



Hope you are ok!

Had a very eventful time in hospital at the weekend. Went Friday for the MEA which was supposed to take about 20 mins, Husband got packed off home and told to ring in a bit. Wheeled down to theatre at 2pm the next thing I knew the clock said 6pm and I was in agony. Apparently the microwave machine was found to be faulty  so something else had to be used which perforated my uterus and they thought it may have perforated my bowel! So I now have three nice cuts in my washboard like stomach, which is now a nice shade of yellow and purple.

I think I was suffering from either shock or morphine overload as it took about 3 hours for me to stop shaking. So I had to spend the weekend on a drip and have hideous intravenous injections of antibiotics. Poor husband was in a bit of a state worrying then eventually the consultant phoned him herself and waited for him to get to the hospital to explain events as I was a bit out of it. Honestly that is the state of the NHS , wouldnt you think they would check equipment is working before they start!

I am feeling OK now , although I am quite work for a couple of weeks or no driving which is a bit boring as we live in the middle of nowhere. My boys are looking after me, doing the cooking and hoovering and I even have had a home visit from one of my Dr Bosses! Unheard of!!

Am going back to see consultant on Thursday to find out more . I am petrified that I will now need a hysterectomy as I will need heavy tranquilizers before I set foot in hospital again!

Anyway will keep you updated !

Take care all

Louise xx


ally123130585918 said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better now ~ can understand you wanting tranquilizers before you go to the hospital next time ~ Ally

jmoqueen said...

That's insane I can't believe they can get away with that!!  Glad your boys are looking after you though xx


oddb0dkins said...

Blimey! That sounds terrifying. I think you're right to be wary about going back in.
Hope you're soon on the mend. B. x